Thursday, February 25, 2010

Review: Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler + Maybelline Cat's Eye Mascara


Everything seems a bit better now so..
Time to back for some review.

I'll go for my eye lash curler first. I bet most girl who into make up stuff will know this. The highly raved eyelash curler that have been mention countlessly in many beauty site and magazines. This is claimed as among the most effective eyelash curler around by many make up artist.

Taken from Sephora:
==================================================================

Perfectly measured and finely balanced, the new shu uemura Eyelash Curler is designed to ensure superior functionality and performance. The upgraded silicone pad in a new "mushroom" shape provides a protective, stay-put edge for improved safety and optimum curl. The new, patented hinge is specifically engineered to apply the perfect amount of pressure on eyelashes. The calculated shape, size of frame length and ergonomic handles ensure stability and control, while the curved angle suits all eye shapes.

===================================================================

The retail price? USD19 from US retail online shop or RM55~RM60 from local Shu uemura kiosk, and I know it might sound a bit too much for just an eyelash curler. There is lots of people out there who willing to purchase this with this hefty price and even repurchase it once it is worn out. But I know Im not. Hey! RM60! You kidding me? Im not even working and with that ammount of money, I can splurge on delicious food or pamper myself with other cheaper beauty stuff. I can even bought one album of my favorite j-pop cd. So, RM60 for just a curler is a no no for me which I decided to search for a cheaper deal.

Some LYN seller are selling this for only RM40++ but, nah.. I want to get it for cheaper price so there you go..ebay shopping. Bidding can start from USD0.99 but of course it is impossible to win at such price. If you are lucky, you might won at USD5 which is seldom happened. After have been outbid for at least 6 times, finally I won this at USD7, including registered shipping from Hong Kong which is a steal. And if you worry about this item being authentic or not, I do think it is original. In fact I never heard any complain so far from people who bought from ebay saying it is fake what so ever. I also read somewhere that this curler actually can be bought at low price in Hong Kong and Japan.

So hows the result on me?

I got an average set of thin eyelash with average length. I always bought cheap curler from local drugstore before and I always hate the L shape as the result. With this curler, I can say that the result is satisfying and it easier to use this compare to other lash curler. I believe it might work better for people with long lashes.

This is how my bare eyelash before curling.
The after


It is recommended that the eyelash is coated with mascara after curling to avoid any damage. So Im using my Maybelline Cat's eye mascara as this is my only mascara at the moment. Honestly I hate this mascara. It do volume but not so much on lengthening. It clumps a lot and very hard to remove. The only good thing is I can guarantee that this mascara wont smudge at all. I bought this after the SA told me that it is on sale, and without thinking much I grab it and now i regret.


Anyway, this is how it look like with mascara.

before and after


Overall I love the curler. Ohya, it came with another extra rubber pad as the replacement once the existing one is worn out. Take note that Shu uemura never sell the pad separately you might need to repurchase whole curler once both pad already worn out and according to them it is recommended to replace the curler after few months of usage. But I guess this will stay with me for year since I seldom wear make up. If I need to repurchase again, it would be from ebay again. Anyway I heard elf 1 dolar eyelash curler can deliver the same result as this. Maybe I should try that too next time since 1 dolar is really a steal.

And for the mascara. I wont ever repurchase again. I just hate the clumps. You really need a lash brush if you want to use this. It clumps everywhere for me. However I still give you some face as you never smudge me at all.


I still give u face for not smudging.

1 comments:

peachroad said...

Hi! I just bought my Shu Uemura curler from Ebay too. I'm not so sure if it's original. I heard that the original has a Shu Uemura engraving on the silicone pad? Anyway, thanks for your post. I also got the Maybelline cat's eye mascara.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ஐ■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■ஐ

♥ARCHIEVE♥

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ஐ■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■ஐ
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ஐ■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■ஐ
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ஐ■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■ஐ
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ஐ■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■ஐ

My Blog List

♥Chimey♥

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ஐ■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■ஐ

♥HIT COUNTER♥

Buy plus size shoe here!

Photobucket
 
~This is my Mirrorcle World~ creditosbtemplates creditos Templates by lecca 2008 .....Top